Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 11

I clocked in at $90 yesterday with 2 visits to the chiropractor. I'm down to moderate discomfort and tension now, I have no excuse not to meet my goal every day now! I'm jumping back on at $300 a day for now to see how that goes. If I don't make up the $1,975 I am behind at the moment, before the end of the month I will continue the challenge until it is made up.

I am at a point in my life where I am working on balance, spending quality time with my family, getting my daily workouts in and working through my daily self evaluations. For me, this is a big reason why I am doing this challenge, so I can get back to a spot where I get my work done as fast as possible instead of letting myself be distracted by all the things that come up on a daily basis. I have found that after 8 years of doing this for a living, I have slowly let the habit of trying to tend to everything all the time creep in. Part of the idea of this challenge was to get back to a space where I treat my torch time like I treated all my old jobs, and not stop for anything except real emergencies.

So as much as I would like to try to catch up, I don't feel at the moment that it is conducive to what this challenge is about for me. I have had a bad habit for years of working long hours for days, then being so burnt out that I don't work for a bunch of days. This is the opposite of the balance I want to create in my life! But if I have days that are going extra smooth, I will get some extra work done.

At any rate, I am not going to stress about it. But I am back on the horse as of today, so it's $300 a day until I meet my quota!

I hope the challenge is still helping some of you, whether it be in the way you originally thought, or you are learning something else through it. Lets stay after it regardless of the challenges we face!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment